Commonwealth Club: Nuclear free world
SPEAKERS: George Shultz, Former U.S. Secretary of State and Distinguished Fellow at the Hoover Institution and William Perry, Former U.S. Secretary of Defense and Senior Fellow at The Hoover Institution.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.A bipartisan team of George Schultz and William Perry discuss the spread of nuclear weapons and offer up a once-radical alternative: a world without nukes. The accelerated spread of nuclear weapons, nuclear know-how and nuclear material has brought us to a nuclear tipping point. Many people increasingly fear that the most destructive weapons ever created could fall into the hands of extremists or terrorists. Schultz, secretary of state under President Reagan, and Perry, secretary of defense under President Clinton, examine the world's ability to control the spread of these WMDs.
Hear two leading political and military strategists share their views on the potential for a nuclear catastrophe and discuss the possible elimination of these weapons.
This program was recorded live on April 2, 2008.
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 58 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 40 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Jayden Amys wins San Jose Future Chefs Challenge 3 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos