Commonwealth Club: Fighting climate change
SPEAKERS: Google.org Executive Director Larry Brilliant, CH2M Hill Sustainable Solutions Manager Andrea Gardner, Associate Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme Undersecretary of the United Nations Ad Melkert, and JPMorgan Managing Director Nancy Pfund.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Sinking carbon and raising living standards
While many Californians consider buying hybrid cars and unplugging their computer, most of the world's 6 billion people covet having any kind of car and can only dream of having a laptop one day. Yet fighting global climate change will require lifestyle changes by everyone. How can that happen without slamming the world's poor, who are most vulnerable to the health and weather effects of global warming? How can California's innovation in climate policy and technologies help by decoupling carbon emissions from GDP growth?
This program was recorded live on November 27, 2007
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 57 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit" 14 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments 22 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 56 min ago
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball...
14 min ago