Commonwealth Club: Fighting climate change
SPEAKERS: Google.org Executive Director Larry Brilliant, CH2M Hill Sustainable Solutions Manager Andrea Gardner, Associate Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme Undersecretary of the United Nations Ad Melkert, and JPMorgan Managing Director Nancy Pfund.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Sinking carbon and raising living standards
While many Californians consider buying hybrid cars and unplugging their computer, most of the world's 6 billion people covet having any kind of car and can only dream of having a laptop one day. Yet fighting global climate change will require lifestyle changes by everyone. How can that happen without slamming the world's poor, who are most vulnerable to the health and weather effects of global warming? How can California's innovation in climate policy and technologies help by decoupling carbon emissions from GDP growth?
This program was recorded live on November 27, 2007
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case