Commonwealth Club: YouTube founders
SPEAKERS: Chad Hurley and Steve Chen, founders of YouTube
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Recipients of INFORUM's 21st Century Visionary Award
In conversation with Chris Anderson, Editor-in-Chief of Wired Magazine.
With YouTube, Chad and Steve created a new way for millions of people to entertain, educate, rock and shock one another on a scale we've never seen before. YouTube is a platform for everyday people to broadcast their perspectives to the masses. Musicians, amateur filmmakers, comedians, and professional content owners alike are sharing their videos, and some even rise to the top to become stars. INFORUM awards the founders of YouTube for their ingenuity and talks with them about everything from their homegrown culture to Google to what's next on the horizon.
This program was recorded live on May 23, 2007.
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 11 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Report indicates Mission Bay fire was accidental
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications 15 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos