Commonwealth Club: YouTube founders
SPEAKERS: Chad Hurley and Steve Chen, founders of YouTube
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Recipients of INFORUM's 21st Century Visionary Award
In conversation with Chris Anderson, Editor-in-Chief of Wired Magazine.
With YouTube, Chad and Steve created a new way for millions of people to entertain, educate, rock and shock one another on a scale we've never seen before. YouTube is a platform for everyday people to broadcast their perspectives to the masses. Musicians, amateur filmmakers, comedians, and professional content owners alike are sharing their videos, and some even rise to the top to become stars. INFORUM awards the founders of YouTube for their ingenuity and talks with them about everything from their homegrown culture to Google to what's next on the horizon.
This program was recorded live on May 23, 2007.
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood 11 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 48 min ago
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 56 min ago
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday