Commonwealth Club: Chefs in the spotlight
SPEAKERS: Thomas Keller, chef and owner of The French Laundry and Bouchon and Dorothy Hamilton, founder of The French Culinary Institute and author of "Chef's Story."
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Chefs are moving beyond recognition in the culinary subculture to claim new roles in the pop-culture spotlight. Dorothy Hamilton shares experiences from the wildly popular public TV series "Chef's Story," and world-renowned chef Keller offers views and tales from the other side of the lens.
This program was recorded live on May 17, 2007.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 5 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 44 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos