Commonwealth Club: Chefs in the spotlight
SPEAKERS: Thomas Keller, chef and owner of The French Laundry and Bouchon and Dorothy Hamilton, founder of The French Culinary Institute and author of "Chef's Story."
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Chefs are moving beyond recognition in the culinary subculture to claim new roles in the pop-culture spotlight. Dorothy Hamilton shares experiences from the wildly popular public TV series "Chef's Story," and world-renowned chef Keller offers views and tales from the other side of the lens.
This program was recorded live on May 17, 2007.
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 24 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 18 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 48 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos