Commonwealth Club: Deepak Chopra
SPEAKER: Deepak Chopra, M.D., author and spiritual advisor
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Internationally renowned as one of the world's greatest leaders in the area of mind-body medicine, Dr. Deepak Chopra, offers his advice on how to live a life anchored in true and lasting happiness, exploring connections between life and after-life. Chopra tells us why he believes that life and death are not separate, and that they co-exist.
Chopra continues to blaze trails through ancient Indian spirituality, bringing the wisdom from works like the Bhagavad Gita and the teachings of Hinduism to an audience of millions in the West. He is the Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director of The Chopra Center at the La Costa Resort & Spa, located in Carlsbad, CA. Prior to his career as an author and spiritual advisor, Chopra worked as a board certified physician, specializing in internal medicine and endocrinology. He taught at Tufts University and Boston University Schools of Medicine, and became the chief of staff at the New England Memorial Hospital, before pursuing a successful private practice. He is the author of over 45 books and is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post. He recently launched a comic book company with British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, which is aimed at exploring Southeast Asian themes.
Chopra was educated at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, in his native New Delhi, India, where he was born and raised.
This program was recorded live on November 2, 2006.
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope 13 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 56 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos