Commonwealth Club: Taming gaming
SPEAKERS: Lucy Bradshaw, Vice President and Executive Producer for Electronic Arts, Gerard Jones, author of "Killing Monsters" and "Men of Tomorrow," Peter Moore, Corporate Vice President of Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division for Microsoft, and moderator Linda Burch, Vice Chair of Common Sense Media.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Taming Gaming in Your Home: Honest Guide to Today's Video Games
Video and computer games are becoming the entertainment choice of many children as well as adults. Parents are concerned about the amount of time their children spend with games as well as the appropriateness of the content.
Parents should play an important role in guiding their children's video game playing habits, and playing computer and video games can be a positive family experience. Our expert panel covers issues of content rating systems, parental controls in consoles and PCs, advice for checking in and better understanding your family's gaming habits, and how to participate.
This program was recorded live on April 19, 2007.
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 14 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday