Commonwealth Club: Taming gaming
SPEAKERS: Lucy Bradshaw, Vice President and Executive Producer for Electronic Arts, Gerard Jones, author of "Killing Monsters" and "Men of Tomorrow," Peter Moore, Corporate Vice President of Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division for Microsoft, and moderator Linda Burch, Vice Chair of Common Sense Media.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Taming Gaming in Your Home: Honest Guide to Today's Video Games
Video and computer games are becoming the entertainment choice of many children as well as adults. Parents are concerned about the amount of time their children spend with games as well as the appropriateness of the content.
Parents should play an important role in guiding their children's video game playing habits, and playing computer and video games can be a positive family experience. Our expert panel covers issues of content rating systems, parental controls in consoles and PCs, advice for checking in and better understanding your family's gaming habits, and how to participate.
This program was recorded live on April 19, 2007.
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season 45 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching 55 min ago
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket 38 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea 52 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos