Commonwealth Club: Microsoft's Steve Ballmer
SPEAKERS: Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, and moderator Roger McNamee, Co-Founder of Elevation Partners.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer returns for a one-on-one conversation with one of Silicon Valley's most respected investors and pundits, Roger McNamee.
Steve Ballmer joined Microsoft in 1980 and was the first business manager hired by Bill Gates. He was later named CEO in January 2000, and his leadership and passion have become hallmarks of his tenure at the company.
Roger McNamee is co-founder and manager director of Elevation Partners, where he joined with, among others, U2's Bono, to launch the first private equity firm targeting media and entertainment content.
This program was recorded live on May 11, 2006.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
41 min ago