Commonwealth Club: Sen. Joe Biden
SPEAKER: Delaware Senator Joe Biden, 2008 Democratic presidential candidate.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
It is said that President John F. Kennedy's steadiness under pressure averted disaster during the Cuban Missile Crisis. A candidate's character and views on a wide range of issues are important in judging whether he or she will be an effective president. Those qualities are explored in depth in an hour-long conversation with Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman, and Democratic presidential candidate, Joe Biden.
In his 35 years in the Senate, Biden has dealt with all the key questions before the nation - including climate change, health care, the war in Iraq, terrorism, the economy and immigration.
This program was recorded live on May 2, 2007.
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday