Commonwealth Club: Rather on American media
SPEAKER: Former CBS News Anchor Dan Rather.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Dan Rather in conversation with UC Berkeley Journalism Dean Orville Schell.
The American newsman who covered almost every major story of the last 40 years -- from the Kennedy assassination to the front lines in Bosnia -- Dan Rather, offers his take on the state of American media in conversation with the Dean of UC Berkeley Journalism School, Orville Schell.
This program was recorded live on September 19, 2007.
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car 29 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 16 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday