Commonwealth Club: Venture capitalist Tom Perkins
SPEAKER: Venture capitalist and author Tom Perkins.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
A noted figure in the business world, Tom Perkins' presence as a pioneering venture capitalist and entrepreneur has helped drive successful innovations in the high-tech and biotech industries. In 1972, he founded one of the first venture capital firms in the world with Eugene Kleiner.
Perkins' book "Valley Boy" provides an intriguing retrospective of his pioneering career and personal experiences including his marriage to romance novelist Danielle Steel, unexpected resignation from HP's board last year, and friendships with Valley movers and shakers.
This program was recorded live on October 28, 2007.
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday