Commonwealth Club: Venture capitalist Tom Perkins
SPEAKER: Venture capitalist and author Tom Perkins.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
A noted figure in the business world, Tom Perkins' presence as a pioneering venture capitalist and entrepreneur has helped drive successful innovations in the high-tech and biotech industries. In 1972, he founded one of the first venture capital firms in the world with Eugene Kleiner.
Perkins' book "Valley Boy" provides an intriguing retrospective of his pioneering career and personal experiences including his marriage to romance novelist Danielle Steel, unexpected resignation from HP's board last year, and friendships with Valley movers and shakers.
This program was recorded live on October 28, 2007.
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 7 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 28 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
28 min ago