Commonwealth Club: Barbara Rose Brooker
SPEAKER: Barbara Rose Brooker, author of "The Viagra Diaries"
Brooker teaches that you are never too old to get the creative juices flowing or to get involved in the dating scene. What is the Viagra generation? Brooker explores love, romance and dating after the age of 60 through monologues from her latest novel. The local native, who did not publish her first novel until the age of 50, is interested in creativity past middle age. Brooker encourages baby boomers to express themselves through writing and art, while also being hip to the dating scene.
This program was recorded live on October 19, 2009.
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 43 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles 58 min ago
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Events planned to mark Harvey Milk Day 53 min ago
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel 37 min ago
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs 41 min ago
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting 3 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday