Commonwealth Club: Barbara Rose Brooker
SPEAKER: Barbara Rose Brooker, author of "The Viagra Diaries"
Brooker teaches that you are never too old to get the creative juices flowing or to get involved in the dating scene. What is the Viagra generation? Brooker explores love, romance and dating after the age of 60 through monologues from her latest novel. The local native, who did not publish her first novel until the age of 50, is interested in creativity past middle age. Brooker encourages baby boomers to express themselves through writing and art, while also being hip to the dating scene.
This program was recorded live on October 19, 2009.
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 22 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire