Bay Area Traffic
Man dies in crash on Hwy 101 in East Palo Alto
PALO ALTO, CA -- A male victim died in a multi-vehicle crash on southbound U.S. Highway 101 in East Palo Alto this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash happened south of University Avenue at about 7:25 a.m., CHP Officer Art Montiel said.
Four vehicles were involved in the collision, Montiel said.
The crash blocked multiple lanes of southbound Highway 101 for more than three hours. A Sig-alert was issued at about 7:50 a.m. and was canceled shortly before 11 a.m.
palo alto, bay area traffic
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 23 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 3 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose 6 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide