Bay Area Traffic
Doyle Drive replacement project to begin in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Beginning this weekend, Golden Gate Bridge users will be affected by the long-awaited Doyle Drive replacement project.
Starting Sunday, the northbound 101 connector to the southbound highway will close for three years. It will not affect access to and from the bridge, but say goodbye to the shortcut between the Marina and Richmond Districts.
There will also be other temporary closures.
The retrofit work is starting a year early thanks to $50 million in federal stimulus money.
marina district, richmond district, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday