Bay Area Traffic
Doyle Drive replacement project to begin Sunday
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Beginning this weekend, Golden Gate Bridge users will be affected by the long-awaited Doyle Drive replacement project.
The northbound Highway 101 connector to southbound Highway 1 will shutdown for three years beginning Sunday.
The closure won't affect access to the Golden Gate Bridge, but northbound drivers won't be able to take the Highway 1 south exit that leads them to Park Presidio and to 19th Avenue.
That closure will eliminate the popular shortcut for people traveling from the Marina to the Richmond and Sunset Districts.
marina district, richmond district, bay area traffic
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California 15 min ago
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport 6 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch