Bay Area Traffic
Doyle Drive replacement project to begin Sunday
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Beginning this weekend, Golden Gate Bridge users will be affected by the long-awaited Doyle Drive replacement project.
The northbound Highway 101 connector to southbound Highway 1 will shutdown for three years beginning Sunday.
The closure won't affect access to the Golden Gate Bridge, but northbound drivers won't be able to take the Highway 1 south exit that leads them to Park Presidio and to 19th Avenue.
That closure will eliminate the popular shortcut for people traveling from the Marina to the Richmond and Sunset Districts.
marina district, richmond district, bay area traffic
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 35 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro 36 min ago
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday