Bay Area Traffic
Closures kick off Doyle Drive replacement project
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Highway crews are shutting down two interchanges of Doyle Drive in San Francisco.
The northbound Highway 101 connection to southbound Highway 1 was closed Sunday for seismic upgrades. It will not affect drivers going across the Golden Gate Bridge.
But people who use it as a shortcut between the Marina and Richmond districts will have to find another route.
The work will take about three years.
And starting at 11 p.m., there will be a brief closure of the southbound Doyle Drive off-ramp to southbound Highway 1 for re-striping. The ramp will reopen at 5 a.m.
doyle drive, marina district, richmond district, highway 1, US 101, bay area traffic
- War vet Merrill Newman lands at SFO Saturday 23 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man' 13 min ago
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday