Bay Area Traffic
Four injured in crash at Hwy. 4 Bypass
BRENTWOOD, CA -- The state Highway 4 Bypass at Balfour Road in Brentwood will be closed until about 1 p.m. today while police investigate a crash that injured four people this morning, Brentwood police Lt. Tom Hansen said.
The crash happened at about 6:20 a.m. at the intersection of Balfour Road and the Highway 4 Bypass, Hansen said.
When police arrived, they saw a van lying on its side and a black Nissan in the intersection with major front-end damage, Hansen said.
One passenger in the Nissan was transported by ambulance to Sutter Delta Medical Center in Antioch in critical condition.
The driver of the Nissan and two passengers from the van were also transported to area hospitals, but information about the extent of their injuries was not immediately available.
The driver of the van was not transported, Hansen said.
Traffic is being diverted around the area while police investigate the crash, Hansen said.
car crash, brentwood, highway 4, bay area traffic
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 23 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 24 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 8 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos