Bay Area Traffic
Portion of Highway 1 near Devil's Slide to close
A section of state Highway 1 near Devil's Slide in San Mateo County will close in both directions Wednesday while Caltrans workers stabilize the hillside near the roadway.
Several recent rockslides along the highway in the vicinity of the new Devil's Slide Tunnel bridges has prompted the need for drain clearing, weed abatement and litter removal, among other tasks, Caltrans spokesman Bob Haus said.
The highway will be closed in the area from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. between Linda Mar Boulevard in Pacifica to the Chart House near Gray Whale Cove, according to Haus.
Drivers approaching from the south should take state Highway 92 east, then Interstate Highway 280 north and state Highway 35 north followed by a left turn onto Sharp Park Road, Haus said.
Drivers heading from Pacifica should go north on Sharp Park Road, then turn left and take Highway 35 south to Highway 280 south, then Highway 92 west, Haus said.
highway 1, devil's slide, san mateo county, bay area traffic
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 15 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified 44 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire 49 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday