Bay Area Traffic
Big rig catches fire on I-580 near Dublin
DUBLIN, CA (KGO) -- Traffic backed up on eastbound Interstate 580 just west of Interstate 680 in Dublin Tuesday morning as fire crews worked to extinguish a big rig that had caught fire.
The truck's cab became fully engulfed by the flames, but the fire did not spread to the trailer, which was full of furniture.
The fire was reported around 11:45 a.m. and was extinguished by 12:15 p.m. No cause has been reported.
fire, dublin, I-580, I-680, bay area traffic
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday