Bay Area Traffic
Hayward big-rig crash injures driver
HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- Traffic is recovering on an East Bay freeway following a big rig accident on Monday morning.
The truck carrying irrigation piping overturned as it transitioned from northbound Interstate 880 to southbound Interstate 238 in Hayward around 9:15 a.m.
A team of paramedics worked to free the driver --who was injured in the crash. It took more than 10 minutes to stabilize and remove him from the vehicle.
So far, it is unknown how badly he's hurt or the cause of the accident.
car crash, hayward, I-880, bay area traffic
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos