Bay Area Traffic
BART plans to replace old cars
BART is planning to spend $1 billion on new cars.
Some of the ones they are using now date back to 1972, when the system first went on line.
BART has now approved the purchase of 200 new cars, with most of the money coming from Washington, the rest from the high speed rail bond passed last fall.
They are still trying to come up with enough money to replace another 500 cars, at $5million each.
BART, bay area traffic
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 2 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday