Bay Area Traffic
BART plans to replace old cars
BART is planning to spend $1 billion on new cars.
Some of the ones they are using now date back to 1972, when the system first went on line.
BART has now approved the purchase of 200 new cars, with most of the money coming from Washington, the rest from the high speed rail bond passed last fall.
They are still trying to come up with enough money to replace another 500 cars, at $5million each.
BART, bay area traffic
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 11 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday