Bay Area Traffic
BART plans to replace old cars
BART is planning to spend $1 billion on new cars.
Some of the ones they are using now date back to 1972, when the system first went on line.
BART has now approved the purchase of 200 new cars, with most of the money coming from Washington, the rest from the high speed rail bond passed last fall.
They are still trying to come up with enough money to replace another 500 cars, at $5million each.
BART, bay area traffic
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation 12 min ago
- Wand used to heat wrinkles away 34 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday