Bay Area Traffic
Commission approves private funding for Doyle Drive
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The state transportation commission voted to allow private funding in the billion dollar project to renovate Doyle Drive.
The San Francisco approach to the Golden Gate Bridge will be the first in the state to be finished with private funding.
Last year, a new law took effect that allows the state to pay contractors one-third of the cost up front for completing a project and pay the rest over 30 years.
caltrans, construction, doyle drive, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos