Bay Area Traffic
Crash cleared from WB lanes on Dumbarton Bridge
DUMBARTON BRIDGE -- All lanes have reopened on the Dumbarton Bridge after a major-injury crash blocked traffic for more than 90 minutes this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash, which involved as many as four vehicles, was reported shortly before 6:30 a.m. west of the toll plaza in the westbound lanes of the bridge, CHP Officer Kevin Kroncke said.
At least one person suffered major injuries in the crash and was taken to a local hospital, Kroncke said.
The crash blocked both westbound and eastbound lanes for more than an hour. All eastbound lanes were reopened by 7:50 a.m., and all westbound lanes were reopened by 8:15 a.m.
He said traffic was expected to remain backed up on the bridge until at least 9:15 a.m.
dumbarton bridge, highway 84, bay area traffic
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 54 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl 24 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas 18 min ago
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home 42 min ago
- Child injured in fall from second-story window in SF 59 min ago
- SF police ask for help in solving 2012 B2B homicide
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks 38 min ago
- Patrols increased after attempted armed robbery 53 min ago
- Hofstra graduates honor student killed by police 28 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos