Bay Area Traffic
More I-880 metering lights will be operating soon
FREMONT, CA -- Metering lights on two Interstate Highway 880 on-ramps in Fremont will begin operating next week, according to Caltrans.
Beginning Tuesday, the lights on the Mission Boulevard southbound ramp and Warren Avenue northbound ramp will begin cycling from red to green.
The lights were installed May 17 but have remained green while motorists adjust, Caltrans officials said.
They will cycle on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. on the southbound ramp and from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. on the northbound ramp. On weekday afternoons they will run from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in both directions.
Officials said the lights will help keep traffic moving farther down the freeway. Caltrans will monitor the lights and make adjustments as needed.
A metering light hot line will be monitored at (510) 286-4531.
fremont, I-880, bay area traffic
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo 22 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos