Bay Area Traffic
More I-880 metering lights will be operating soon
FREMONT, CA -- Metering lights on two Interstate Highway 880 on-ramps in Fremont will begin operating next week, according to Caltrans.
Beginning Tuesday, the lights on the Mission Boulevard southbound ramp and Warren Avenue northbound ramp will begin cycling from red to green.
The lights were installed May 17 but have remained green while motorists adjust, Caltrans officials said.
They will cycle on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. on the southbound ramp and from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. on the northbound ramp. On weekday afternoons they will run from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in both directions.
Officials said the lights will help keep traffic moving farther down the freeway. Caltrans will monitor the lights and make adjustments as needed.
A metering light hot line will be monitored at (510) 286-4531.
fremont, I-880, bay area traffic
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 58 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 21 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 41 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 34 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 21 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
21 min ago