Bay Area Traffic
More I-880 metering lights will be operating soon
FREMONT, CA -- Metering lights on two Interstate Highway 880 on-ramps in Fremont will begin operating next week, according to Caltrans.
Beginning Tuesday, the lights on the Mission Boulevard southbound ramp and Warren Avenue northbound ramp will begin cycling from red to green.
The lights were installed May 17 but have remained green while motorists adjust, Caltrans officials said.
They will cycle on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. on the southbound ramp and from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. on the northbound ramp. On weekday afternoons they will run from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. in both directions.
Officials said the lights will help keep traffic moving farther down the freeway. Caltrans will monitor the lights and make adjustments as needed.
A metering light hot line will be monitored at (510) 286-4531.
fremont, I-880, bay area traffic
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar 39 min ago
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame 13 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption 32 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos