Bay Area Traffic
BART offering incentives to riders amidst toll hikes
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- BART is hoping the bridge toll hike and the new charge for carpoolers will convince more people to ride BART.
As an incentive, on Wednesday morning, BART employees were handing out $10 BART tickets at a casual carpool pickup spot in the East Bay. The hope is that the new charge will have some carpoolers considering a ride on public transit instead and at least one of the casual carpoolers we talked to says the new fee could have her changing her ways.
"We talk about it all the time in the carpool. Some people say they're putting in a tip jar because they can't actually ask you for money, so I could ride BART with a senior ticket and it would be less expensive," one woman told ABC7.
benicia martinez bridge, bay bridge, san mateo bridge, dumbarton bridge, carquinez bridge, BART, bay area traffic
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 5 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday