Bay Area Traffic
BART offering incentives to riders amidst toll hikes
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- BART is hoping the bridge toll hike and the new charge for carpoolers will convince more people to ride BART.
As an incentive, on Wednesday morning, BART employees were handing out $10 BART tickets at a casual carpool pickup spot in the East Bay. The hope is that the new charge will have some carpoolers considering a ride on public transit instead and at least one of the casual carpoolers we talked to says the new fee could have her changing her ways.
"We talk about it all the time in the carpool. Some people say they're putting in a tip jar because they can't actually ask you for money, so I could ride BART with a senior ticket and it would be less expensive," one woman told ABC7.
benicia martinez bridge, bay bridge, san mateo bridge, dumbarton bridge, carquinez bridge, BART, bay area traffic
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 54 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network 49 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 46 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 32 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 27 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
54 min ago