Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge lane changes for holiday travelers
SAN FRANCISCO -- Traffic lanes on the Golden Gate Bridge will be reconfigured to accommodate heavier northbound traffic out of San Francisco tonight and Friday as the holiday weekend nears.
There will be four northbound lanes and two southbound lanes starting at 5:30 p.m. on both days, Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District spokeswoman Mary Currie said.
The Fourth of July weekend is one of the busiest of the year, with heavy use of the bridge, surrounding beaches, view areas, trails and historic sites, Currie said.
Motorists should expect delays on and near the bridge. Parking near the bridge will be limited and some roads in the area will be closed, Currie said.
On the south side of the bridge, a portion of Lincoln Boulevard is closed in the Presidio.
Conzelman and East roads in the Marin Headlands on the north side of the bridge have limited access because of construction, Currie said.
East Road at Fort Baker will be closed to bicycle and vehicle traffic for the Fourth of July weekend.
Conzelman Road is closed to vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians from McCullough Road to Field Road. The open portion of Conzelman Road will be strictly controlled to maintain emergency vehicle access and safe conditions, Currie said.
golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family 55 min ago
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area 6 min ago
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser 41 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited...
55 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish...
41 min ago