Bay Area Traffic
Drilling to begin on fourth bore of Caldecott Tunnel
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Crews plan to begin drilling Sunday morning on the fourth bore of the Caldecott Tunnel.
Rock cutting will start in the morning on the Contra Costa County side, but eventually, both sides of the tunnel along Highway 24 will be drilled into.
The $400 million project is expected to be completed in three to four years.
caltrans, bay area traffic
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain 55 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash 50 min ago
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos