Bay Area Traffic
Proposal to raise Sausalito and Larkspur Ferry prices
If you ride the Sausalito or Larkspur Ferry -- you could soon see a huge fare hike.
The Golden Gate Bridge District is considering an increase for frequents riders using discounted TransLink or Clipper transit cards.
The Sausalito ride could cost 32 percent more, and the Larkspur ride 12.5 percent more, each rising to $5.80.
The agency is trying to close a $132 million deficit over five years.
Already, it's retooled bus service and eliminated free carpools across the Golden Gate Bridge. The ferry schedule could also be adjusted.
sausalito, larkspur, bay area traffic
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 5 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday