Bay Area Traffic
Proposal to raise Sausalito and Larkspur Ferry prices
If you ride the Sausalito or Larkspur Ferry -- you could soon see a huge fare hike.
The Golden Gate Bridge District is considering an increase for frequents riders using discounted TransLink or Clipper transit cards.
The Sausalito ride could cost 32 percent more, and the Larkspur ride 12.5 percent more, each rising to $5.80.
The agency is trying to close a $132 million deficit over five years.
Already, it's retooled bus service and eliminated free carpools across the Golden Gate Bridge. The ferry schedule could also be adjusted.
sausalito, larkspur, bay area traffic
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday