Bay Area Traffic
Woman killed in crash on I-880 in San Leandro
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- A 40-year-old Oakley woman was killed in a crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Leandro early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at 3:12 a.m. on southbound Highway 880 just north of Washington Avenue, CHP Officer Ralph Caggiano said.
The woman's name is being withheld because her family has not been notified of her death, according to the Alameda County coroner's bureau.
The woman was traveling south on the highway in a 2010 Subaru when, for an unknown reason, she veered to the left and crashed into the concrete center median.
The Subaru then traveled to the right across all lanes of traffic and crashed into attenuator barrels on the right shoulder before spinning out and coming to rest in the roadway, according to the CHP.
A 2006 Ford driven by a 35-year-old Hayward man then struck the Subaru, as did a 2008 Toyota driven by a 54-year-old Hayward man.
The woman in the Subaru was pronounced dead at the scene. The drivers of the other two cars were uninjured, the CHP said.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
I-880, car crash, san leandro, bay area traffic
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 41 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 45 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash