Bay Area Traffic
Woman killed in crash on I-880 in San Leandro
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- A 40-year-old Oakley woman was killed in a crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Leandro early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at 3:12 a.m. on southbound Highway 880 just north of Washington Avenue, CHP Officer Ralph Caggiano said.
The woman's name is being withheld because her family has not been notified of her death, according to the Alameda County coroner's bureau.
The woman was traveling south on the highway in a 2010 Subaru when, for an unknown reason, she veered to the left and crashed into the concrete center median.
The Subaru then traveled to the right across all lanes of traffic and crashed into attenuator barrels on the right shoulder before spinning out and coming to rest in the roadway, according to the CHP.
A 2006 Ford driven by a 35-year-old Hayward man then struck the Subaru, as did a 2008 Toyota driven by a 54-year-old Hayward man.
The woman in the Subaru was pronounced dead at the scene. The drivers of the other two cars were uninjured, the CHP said.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
I-880, car crash, san leandro, bay area traffic
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 31 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday