Bay Area Traffic
Woman killed in crash on I-880 in San Leandro
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- A 40-year-old Oakley woman was killed in a crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Leandro early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at 3:12 a.m. on southbound Highway 880 just north of Washington Avenue, CHP Officer Ralph Caggiano said.
The woman's name is being withheld because her family has not been notified of her death, according to the Alameda County coroner's bureau.
The woman was traveling south on the highway in a 2010 Subaru when, for an unknown reason, she veered to the left and crashed into the concrete center median.
The Subaru then traveled to the right across all lanes of traffic and crashed into attenuator barrels on the right shoulder before spinning out and coming to rest in the roadway, according to the CHP.
A 2006 Ford driven by a 35-year-old Hayward man then struck the Subaru, as did a 2008 Toyota driven by a 54-year-old Hayward man.
The woman in the Subaru was pronounced dead at the scene. The drivers of the other two cars were uninjured, the CHP said.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
I-880, car crash, san leandro, bay area traffic
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- BART makes no progress on contract talks 38 min ago
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Driver in fatal Twin Peaks DUI hit-and-run sentenced 28 min ago
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
47 min ago
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos