Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident forced closure of 3 lanes on I-880
One person is dead and another person is suffering from major injuries as a result of a two-car collision on northbound Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash happened at about 4 p.m. north of the Jackson Street exit, Officer Sam Morgan said. It occurred near the area where northbound I-880 merges with westbound Interstate Highway 980, near the Oakland Police Department and the Glenn Dyer Jail.
The left three lanes of northbound I-880 were closed as of about 5:15 p.m., the CHP said. A Sig-alert was issued at 4:27 p.m.
The accident involved a two-door Nissan Coupe and a sport utility vehicle, according to Morgan.
The person suffering from major injuries was rushed to Highland Hospital in Oakland, he said.
oakland, I-880, car crash, bay area traffic
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 48 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos