Bay Area Traffic
Hwy 4 corridor ranked third worst commute in the country
Two corridors in the Bay Area ranked in the top 10 of America's worst commutes.
Westbound Highway 4 between Antioch and Pittsburg took third place on the list compiled by a company called INRIX. Southbound 101 in San Jose placed ninth.
INRIX measured delays by looking at data from drivers' smartphones and GPS devices in four million vehicles.
As for America's worst backups, they're along Highway 91 in the Los Angeles area and Interstate H1 in Honolulu.
The top 20 also included two other southern California freeways.
antioch, pittsburg, san jose, highway 101, highway 4, bay area traffic
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire