Bay Area Traffic
Accident closes transition ramp from I-880 to I-238
HAYWARD, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol has closed down one of two lanes on the transition ramp from southbound Interstate Highway 880 to southbound Interstate Highway 238 in Hayward, a CHP officer said.
The closure was caused by a big-rig accident, Officer Peter Van Eckhardt said.
No one was reported injured in the accident but the truck's oil tank was punctured and crews are on the scene cleaning up the spillage, Van Eckhardt said.
The Sig-alert was issued shortly after 4 a.m.
The truck had been removed from the scene by 5 a.m. but the CHP does not expect all lanes to be reopened until at least 7 or 8 a.m. due to the clean up effort, Van Eckhardt said.
Motorists are advised to expect delays.
hayward, san leandro, I-880, bay area traffic
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 41 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton 7 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view 43 min ago
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday