Bay Area Traffic
Accident closes transition ramp from I-880 to I-238
HAYWARD, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol has closed down one of two lanes on the transition ramp from southbound Interstate Highway 880 to southbound Interstate Highway 238 in Hayward, a CHP officer said.
The closure was caused by a big-rig accident, Officer Peter Van Eckhardt said.
No one was reported injured in the accident but the truck's oil tank was punctured and crews are on the scene cleaning up the spillage, Van Eckhardt said.
The Sig-alert was issued shortly after 4 a.m.
The truck had been removed from the scene by 5 a.m. but the CHP does not expect all lanes to be reopened until at least 7 or 8 a.m. due to the clean up effort, Van Eckhardt said.
Motorists are advised to expect delays.
hayward, san leandro, I-880, bay area traffic
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 50 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 10 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos