Bay Area Traffic
One killed in car crash on Interstate 880
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. -- One person was killed in a car crash on Interstate Highway 880 in Alameda County, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
A black Honda Civic crashed into the center divide of northbound Interstate Highway 880 near Thornton Avenue in Fremont at around 2:30 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
One lane was closed to traffic as of 4 a.m. and would remain closed until around 5 a.m., Cakebread said.
Information regarding the cause of the crash was not immediately available.
alameda county, crash, I-880, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday