Bay Area Traffic
One killed in car crash on Interstate 880
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. -- One person was killed in a car crash on Interstate Highway 880 in Alameda County, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
A black Honda Civic crashed into the center divide of northbound Interstate Highway 880 near Thornton Avenue in Fremont at around 2:30 a.m., CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
One lane was closed to traffic as of 4 a.m. and would remain closed until around 5 a.m., Cakebread said.
Information regarding the cause of the crash was not immediately available.
alameda county, crash, I-880, bay area traffic
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them 33 min ago
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment 13 min ago
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos