Bay Area Traffic
Maintenance work closures on Great Highway
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Annual maintenance work is closing off part of the Great Highway to traffic this week.
The southbound lanes of the Great Highway between Lincoln Way and Sloat Boulevard are off limits until 3:00 Friday afternoon.
The Department of Public Works is relocating up to 10,000 cubic feet of sand from Ocean Beach that piles up during the year along the promenade walking path that runs from Noriega to Santiago Streets.
Drivers are advised to use Sunset Boulevard as an alternate route.
ocean beach, bay area traffic
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 31 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday