Bay Area Traffic
Prius clean air stickers to expire July 1
Bay Area Prius owners are mobilizing this weekend. On July 1st they lose the right to use HOV carpool lanes, even if they have those yellow clean air stickers unless they car pool.
Some hybrid owners are gathering in San Jose on Sunday for a Prius party and to help them figure out how to peel off the yellow decals. The San Jose Mercury columnist Mr. Roadshow will be there.
"Be careful. I've had real low-tech solutions from using peanut butter to rub it off. They are using hair driers, they're using heat ventilators and things like that," said Gary Richards from the San Jose Mercury News.
Representatives from the Bay Area Quality Management District will explain the car pool changes and introduce drivers to ride match services.
Sticker Peeling Party
Sunday, June 26
San Jose Mercury News Parking Lot
750 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose
bay area air quality management district, bay area traffic
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday