Bay Area Traffic
Prius clean air stickers to expire July 1
Bay Area Prius owners are mobilizing this weekend. On July 1st they lose the right to use HOV carpool lanes, even if they have those yellow clean air stickers unless they car pool.
Some hybrid owners are gathering in San Jose on Sunday for a Prius party and to help them figure out how to peel off the yellow decals. The San Jose Mercury columnist Mr. Roadshow will be there.
"Be careful. I've had real low-tech solutions from using peanut butter to rub it off. They are using hair driers, they're using heat ventilators and things like that," said Gary Richards from the San Jose Mercury News.
Representatives from the Bay Area Quality Management District will explain the car pool changes and introduce drivers to ride match services.
Sticker Peeling Party
Sunday, June 26
San Jose Mercury News Parking Lot
750 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose
bay area air quality management district, bay area traffic
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 50 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 32 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 46 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case