Bay Area Traffic
Overnight closures for Hwy. 101 in Belmont
BELMONT, Calif. -- Work on a pedestrian and bicycle bridge in Belmont this week will close portions of U.S. Highway 101 Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.
The northbound stretch of the freeway between Ralston Avenue and Hillsdale Boulevard will be closed from 12:30 a.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday, and the corresponding southbound stretch will be closed Wednesday from 1 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., city officials said.
A detour for motorists will divert traffic onto El Camino Real, which drivers can take to travel between Ralston Avenue and Hillsdale Boulevard.
The closures are required to perform work on Belmont's Ralston Avenue Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge Project, city officials said.
highway 101, belmont, bay area traffic
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 28 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 28 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 25 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 47 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 29 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed