Bay Area Traffic
Overnight closures for Hwy. 101 in Belmont
BELMONT, Calif. -- Work on a pedestrian and bicycle bridge in Belmont this week will close portions of U.S. Highway 101 Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.
The northbound stretch of the freeway between Ralston Avenue and Hillsdale Boulevard will be closed from 12:30 a.m. to 4 a.m. Tuesday, and the corresponding southbound stretch will be closed Wednesday from 1 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., city officials said.
A detour for motorists will divert traffic onto El Camino Real, which drivers can take to travel between Ralston Avenue and Hillsdale Boulevard.
The closures are required to perform work on Belmont's Ralston Avenue Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge Project, city officials said.
highway 101, belmont, bay area traffic
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge 19 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech 3 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole 22 min ago
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos