Bay Area Traffic
Final Bay Bridge components leave China for SF
A celebration was held on the docks of Shanghai, China Monday to mark a big milestone for the new Bay Bridge.
The final components of the bridge, made in China, are now complete and were loaded onto ships Monday for the voyage to San Francisco Bay.
Local officials took part in the ceremony and fireworks were set off afterward.
The $6.3 billion Bay Bridge upgrade is the biggest public works project in California history and also a landmark for China's biggest heavy machinery manufacturer.
construction, bay bridge, china, san francisco bay, bay area traffic
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race 28 min ago
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6 50 min ago
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday