Bay Area Traffic
Ramp on Highway 1 to close Friday night
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Construction work on the new approach to the Golden Gate Bridge is scheduled to close parts of Highway 1 over the weekend.
Crews will be replacing the Ruckman Bridge segment on Doyle Drive just north of the MacArthur Tunnel.
The ramp from north-bound Highway 1 and north-bound Highway 101 will be shut down. The closure is scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. Friday and last until 9 a.m. Saturday.
If it rains, construction will be pushed back to Saturday.
The $1 billion project is expected to be completed in 2015.
construction, highway 1, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries 34 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 49 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire 3 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos