Bay Area Traffic
Ramp on Highway 1 to close Friday night
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Construction work on the new approach to the Golden Gate Bridge is scheduled to close parts of Highway 1 over the weekend.
Crews will be replacing the Ruckman Bridge segment on Doyle Drive just north of the MacArthur Tunnel.
The ramp from north-bound Highway 1 and north-bound Highway 101 will be shut down. The closure is scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. Friday and last until 9 a.m. Saturday.
If it rains, construction will be pushed back to Saturday.
The $1 billion project is expected to be completed in 2015.
construction, highway 1, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 11 min ago
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos