Bay Area Traffic
Ramp on Highway 1 to close Friday night
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Construction work on the new approach to the Golden Gate Bridge is scheduled to close parts of Highway 1 over the weekend.
Crews will be replacing the Ruckman Bridge segment on Doyle Drive just north of the MacArthur Tunnel.
The ramp from north-bound Highway 1 and north-bound Highway 101 will be shut down. The closure is scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. Friday and last until 9 a.m. Saturday.
If it rains, construction will be pushed back to Saturday.
The $1 billion project is expected to be completed in 2015.
construction, highway 1, highway 101, bay area traffic
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 31 min ago
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver 46 min ago
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos