Bay Area Traffic
SUV drives off I-680, hits cars in parking lot
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- An SUV drove off of Interstate Highway 680 and crashed into a number of cars in a Walnut Creek parking lot this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash was reported at 6:45 a.m. just south of Treat Boulevard.
An SUV went off the highway and into the parking lot of the Walnut Creek Corporation Yard at 511 Lawrence Way.
CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said initial reports indicated that the vehicle had driven through a fence, overturned and struck five cars in the parking lot.
There were no serious injuries, and a woman was arrested at the scene, he said.
walnut creek, I-680, bay area traffic
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast 30 min ago
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos