Bay Area Traffic
Designs for Bay Bridge bike path to be unveiled
BAY BRIDGE -- Plans are moving forward for a bike path on the western span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge although funding for the $500 million project has yet to be secured.
The Bay Area Toll Authority is set to unveil design options for the path at a public hearing on Tuesday.
The rebuilt eastern portion of the bridge -- expected to open in a few years -- will include a bike path that will connect Oakland with Yerba Buena and Treasure islands.
Bicyclists have also been calling for a bike lane on the western span, so they can ride all the way to San Francisco.
Despite the designs, actual construction is likely a ways off since no funding sources have been identified.
bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy 23 min ago
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos