Bay Area Traffic
Officials plan to close Bay Bridge over President's Day
BAY BRIDGE (KGO) -- Officials are planning to shutdown westbound traffic across the Bay Bridge on President's Day weekend in February, if the weather cooperates.
The closure would last two to three days so construction crews can reconfigure the roadway taking traffic onto a new westbound detour.
The work requires dry pavement, so any rain could postpone or lengthen the closure.
The project is part of a complicated reshuffle to allow both directions of the new eastern span to open to traffic in 2013.
bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose 32 min ago
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service 12 min ago
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter...
12 min ago