Bay Area Traffic
Officials plan to close Bay Bridge over President's Day
BAY BRIDGE (KGO) -- Officials are planning to shutdown westbound traffic across the Bay Bridge on President's Day weekend in February, if the weather cooperates.
The closure would last two to three days so construction crews can reconfigure the roadway taking traffic onto a new westbound detour.
The work requires dry pavement, so any rain could postpone or lengthen the closure.
The project is part of a complicated reshuffle to allow both directions of the new eastern span to open to traffic in 2013.
bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd 42 min ago