Bay Area Traffic
Officials plan to close Bay Bridge over President's Day
BAY BRIDGE (KGO) -- Officials are planning to shutdown westbound traffic across the Bay Bridge on President's Day weekend in February, if the weather cooperates.
The closure would last two to three days so construction crews can reconfigure the roadway taking traffic onto a new westbound detour.
The work requires dry pavement, so any rain could postpone or lengthen the closure.
The project is part of a complicated reshuffle to allow both directions of the new eastern span to open to traffic in 2013.
bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 21 min ago
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting 19 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Burlingame restaurant to stop serving lion meat dish
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos