Bay Area Traffic
Officials plan to close Bay Bridge over President's Day
BAY BRIDGE (KGO) -- Officials are planning to shutdown westbound traffic across the Bay Bridge on President's Day weekend in February, if the weather cooperates.
The closure would last two to three days so construction crews can reconfigure the roadway taking traffic onto a new westbound detour.
The work requires dry pavement, so any rain could postpone or lengthen the closure.
The project is part of a complicated reshuffle to allow both directions of the new eastern span to open to traffic in 2013.
bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday