Bay Area Traffic
Highway 1 reopens after fatal motorcycle crash
State Highway 1 has reopened after a fatal motorcycle crash shut down the highway just south of Pacifica in both directions Tuesday afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash involving a pickup truck and a motorcycle was reported on Highway 1 just south of Devil's Slide at about 2:55 p.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
The motorcyclist was killed in the crash and Highway 1 was shut down while emergency officials responded to the scene.
Northbound traffic was shut down at Montara State Beach, and southbound traffic was stopped at Linda Mar Boulevard in Pacifica, Bartlett said.
crash, highway 1, devil's slide, bay area traffic
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature 27 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday 19 min ago
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop" 40 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos