Bay Area Traffic
Highway 1 reopens after fatal motorcycle crash
State Highway 1 has reopened after a fatal motorcycle crash shut down the highway just south of Pacifica in both directions Tuesday afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash involving a pickup truck and a motorcycle was reported on Highway 1 just south of Devil's Slide at about 2:55 p.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
The motorcyclist was killed in the crash and Highway 1 was shut down while emergency officials responded to the scene.
Northbound traffic was shut down at Montara State Beach, and southbound traffic was stopped at Linda Mar Boulevard in Pacifica, Bartlett said.
crash, highway 1, devil's slide, bay area traffic
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 23 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 56 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case