Bay Area Traffic
Highway 1 reopens after fatal motorcycle crash
State Highway 1 has reopened after a fatal motorcycle crash shut down the highway just south of Pacifica in both directions Tuesday afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash involving a pickup truck and a motorcycle was reported on Highway 1 just south of Devil's Slide at about 2:55 p.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
The motorcyclist was killed in the crash and Highway 1 was shut down while emergency officials responded to the scene.
Northbound traffic was shut down at Montara State Beach, and southbound traffic was stopped at Linda Mar Boulevard in Pacifica, Bartlett said.
crash, highway 1, devil's slide, bay area traffic
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 27 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 7 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose 10 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide