Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge bike path to be shut down
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bicyclist who ride on the Golden Gate Bridge will be forced to share a lane with pedestrians -- again.
Bridge officials are shutting down the bicycle-only lane for three months. This closure is scheduled to go from January 9 through April 1. The shutdown is so crews can improve bike access from the bridge to trails in Marin County and San Francisco. In the meantime, cyclists and pedestrians will have to share the same narrow path.
golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos