Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge bike path to be shut down
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Bicyclist who ride on the Golden Gate Bridge will be forced to share a lane with pedestrians -- again.
Bridge officials are shutting down the bicycle-only lane for three months. This closure is scheduled to go from January 9 through April 1. The shutdown is so crews can improve bike access from the bridge to trails in Marin County and San Francisco. In the meantime, cyclists and pedestrians will have to share the same narrow path.
golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday