Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash on ramp between Highways 880, 237
MILPITAS, Calif -- At least one person is dead after a truck went off the roadway on a connector ramp between Interstate Highway 880 and state Highway 237 in Milpitas, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported shortly before 6:10 a.m. near the ramp from northbound Highway 880 to westbound Highway 237.
The Santa Clara County medical examiner's officials have been called to the scene because of a reported fatality in the crash, CHP Officer Eric Anderson said.
Anderson did not immediately have more information about the crash.
I-880, highway 237, bay area traffic
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 18 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday