Bay Area Traffic
Northbound I-880 lanes closed for emergency repairs
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland have been shut down by Caltrans for emergency maintenance Wednesday afternoon.
The closure is affecting northbound lanes No. 3 and 4 near High Street.
Caltrans spokesman Gregory Townsend said the aging stretch of highway is deteriorating, and a hole appeared in the lower portion of the freeway, below the roadway.
He said traffic was not affected by the problem but that the lane closure is necessary so repairs can be made. Motorists are advised to expect delays.
The repairs are expected to be completed by 4 p.m.
oakland, I-880, caltrans, bay area traffic
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 4 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 4 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 17 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
2 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos