Bay Area Traffic
Northbound I-880 lanes closed for emergency repairs
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two lanes of northbound Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland have been shut down by Caltrans for emergency maintenance Wednesday afternoon.
The closure is affecting northbound lanes No. 3 and 4 near High Street.
Caltrans spokesman Gregory Townsend said the aging stretch of highway is deteriorating, and a hole appeared in the lower portion of the freeway, below the roadway.
He said traffic was not affected by the problem but that the lane closure is necessary so repairs can be made. Motorists are advised to expect delays.
The repairs are expected to be completed by 4 p.m.
oakland, I-880, caltrans, bay area traffic
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday