Bay Area Traffic
Express lanes coming soon to Hwy 237-I-880
MILPITAS (KGO) -- A set of toll lanes is coming to the Highway 237-Interstate 880 interchange in Silicon Valley next month.
Starting on February 27, solo drivers will be able to jump into the carpool lane for about a four mile stretch between Dixon Landing Road and First Street. The fee will be 30 cents at a minimum and average about $3, depending on congestion.
Double white striping goes into effect today and metering light are already in.
A toll lane was put on I-680 about 18 months ago.
I-880, highway 237, fastrak, silicon valley, bay area traffic, terry mcsweeney
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 13 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments 35 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four 58 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home 41 min ago
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday