Bay Area Traffic
Express lanes will be added to six freeway stretches
Bay Area transportation planners are planning to add express lanes to six more freeway stretches -- where solo drivers can pay for the privilege of driving in what would otherwise be reserved for carpoolers.
Locations are at the westbound approaches to the Bay Bridge toll plaza, San Mateo Bridge, Dumbarton Bridge, 880 in San Leandro, 680 in Dublin and near Alamo and 80 in Fairfield.
bay bridge, san mateo bridge, dumbarton bridge, I-80, I-680, I-880, bay area traffic
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 27 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 48 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos