Bay Area Traffic
Westbound lanes of Bay Bridge to close Feb. 17-21
BAY BRIDGE (KGO) -- Friday, Feb 17 beginning at 8 p.m., the westbound span of the Bay Bridge will close for four days.
The closure is taking place so construction crews can demolish part of the old bridge and begin building the new approach to the span.
BART will run overnight service at select stations.
Officials say that closure could lead to slowdowns on nearly every other Bay Area bridges and freeways.
Westbound lanes are scheduled to reopen Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 5 a.m.
bay bridge, construction, caltrans, bay area traffic
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 12 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat 49 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday