Bay Area Traffic
Transit agencies gear up for Bay Bridge shutdown
The westbound deck of the Bay Bridge will be closed this weekend. Construction of a slight detour near the toll plaza will require the upper deck heading into San Francisco to be closed from 8 p.m. Friday, to 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Motorists will not be able to drive on the upper deck towards San Francisco during this closure, but the lower deck toward the East Bay will remain open.
There will be numerous alternatives for getting around the Bay Area while the westbound deck is closed. Allow extra time for travel and use of other bridges, including the Golden Gate Bridge, the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge, the San Mateo- Hayward Bridge and the Dumbarton Bridge. Vehicle access between San Francisco and Yerba Buena Island/Treasure Island will be maintained during the closure.
BART will run overnight service at select stations during the closure.
Stations on the El Cerrito - Dublin hourly service route are:
El Cerrito del Norte, Berkeley, MacArthur, 12th Street, Coliseum, Bay Fair and
Stations on the Concord - SFO hourly service route are:
Concord, Walnut Creek, MacArthur, 12th Street, Embarcadero, Powell, 24th Street, Daly City and SFO
More information available at bart.gov
Transbay service will not operate over the bridge during the closure, but will maintain regular service in the East Bay by operating to and from West Oakland BART. Line 800 all-night buses will connect passengers with BART's special late-night service (except on Tuesday morning, 1am-4am) by operating to and from the 12th St. BART station in downtown Oakland. Visit www.actransit.org for details.
For updates on other transit options, including ferries, BART and AC Transit, be sure to visit 511.org or call 511 for real-time traffic conditions, detour routes and public transit alternatives. Check back often for the latest updates.
waze, bay bridge, ac transit, BART, bay area traffic, terry mcsweeney
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 39 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI 49 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday