Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash on SB I-880 in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- A Sig-alert has been issued for a fatal crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Jose this morning, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.
The crash, which is blocking two lanes just north of The Alameda, was reported at 5:55 a.m. The traffic alert went into effect at 6:13 a.m., according to CHP Officer Marc Johnston.
Johnston said the two southbound lanes are expected to be blocked for an extended period of time as crews arrive.
Johnston said it was unclear how many cars were involved in the crash.
san jose, I-880, bay area traffic
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos