Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash on SB I-880 in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- A Sig-alert has been issued for a fatal crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Jose this morning, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.
The crash, which is blocking two lanes just north of The Alameda, was reported at 5:55 a.m. The traffic alert went into effect at 6:13 a.m., according to CHP Officer Marc Johnston.
Johnston said the two southbound lanes are expected to be blocked for an extended period of time as crews arrive.
Johnston said it was unclear how many cars were involved in the crash.
san jose, I-880, bay area traffic
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 11 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 7 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 1 min ago
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
11 min ago