Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash on SB I-880 in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- A Sig-alert has been issued for a fatal crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Jose this morning, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.
The crash, which is blocking two lanes just north of The Alameda, was reported at 5:55 a.m. The traffic alert went into effect at 6:13 a.m., according to CHP Officer Marc Johnston.
Johnston said the two southbound lanes are expected to be blocked for an extended period of time as crews arrive.
Johnston said it was unclear how many cars were involved in the crash.
san jose, I-880, bay area traffic
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore 17 min ago
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 5 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics 27 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos