Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash on SB I-880 in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- A Sig-alert has been issued for a fatal crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Jose this morning, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.
The crash, which is blocking two lanes just north of The Alameda, was reported at 5:55 a.m. The traffic alert went into effect at 6:13 a.m., according to CHP Officer Marc Johnston.
Johnston said the two southbound lanes are expected to be blocked for an extended period of time as crews arrive.
Johnston said it was unclear how many cars were involved in the crash.
san jose, I-880, bay area traffic
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to City Hall 34 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit 45 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary 56 min ago
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed 11 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos