Bay Area Traffic
Fatal crash on SB I-880 in San Jose
SAN JOSE -- A Sig-alert has been issued for a fatal crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in San Jose this morning, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.
The crash, which is blocking two lanes just north of The Alameda, was reported at 5:55 a.m. The traffic alert went into effect at 6:13 a.m., according to CHP Officer Marc Johnston.
Johnston said the two southbound lanes are expected to be blocked for an extended period of time as crews arrive.
Johnston said it was unclear how many cars were involved in the crash.
san jose, I-880, bay area traffic
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos